Zenon is delighted to be commissioned by one of the UK’s Premier FBO & Maintenance Repair Organisations to source a Production Manager on a permanent basis for their facilities based in Bishop Stortford.
Reporting to the General Manager you will be responsible for the overall management of the shop floor ensuring products are manufactured to schedule and within quality standards. You will be responsible for identifying and delivering improvements and creative engineering solutions to continuously improve the flow of product through the facility.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Ensure the effective day to day running of the shop floor via accurate and timely capacity planning.
- Identify opportunities for improvement to obtain world class levels of production and on time performance targets, measured against customer required dates.
- Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data.
- Acts as link between General Manager and subordinate levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results.
- Assists General Manager in the development and formulation of long and short-term planning and objectives.
- Directs and coordinates various programmes essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g. training, health and safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.).
- Ensure effective leadership of direct reports, managing absence, performance, training requirements and employee relations issues.
Minimum Skills and Experience:-
- Must have a good knowledge and understanding of all relevant areas of manufacturing including sheet metal, welding and final assembly.
- Proven experience in a similar role in an engineering manufacturing environment, preferably in Aerospace and Defence, or process-oriented operations and/or related industry.
- Proven track record of success in assembly and manufacturing engineering.
- Previous experience in Lean 6 Sigma and other continuous improvement methodology.
Why Choose Zenon Aviation?
In the ever changing and dynamic market place, Zenon Aviation knows that the support and care we provide to candidates is vital in assisting you in achieving your career aspirations. Our team of dedicated consultants will deal with your application efficiently and more importantly confidentially, providing a professional and reliable service.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV to us in confidence.
Alternatively, for a confidential call with our Recruitment Manager Kevin Small, please phone the office.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence and unless you hear from us within 10 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Only candidates with the right to work within the EU will be considered.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.