Zenon is delighted to be commissioned by one of the UK’s Premier FBO & Maintenance Repair Organisations to source a number of Planning Engineers on a permanent basis for their facilities based in Bishop Stortford.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for determining and developing the most suitable and economically viable engineering methods for various projects the company has on-going.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Deciding on the most appropriate engineering techniques and sequences of activities for each project stage.
- Understand and translate customer drawings, specifications, quality and regulatory standards into the engineering plan.
- Drawing plans; using specialised design software packages.
- Monitor critical activities based on the project schedule and advise project management.
- Set work program and target milestones for each phase based on the project plan.
- Ensuring plans meet the client’s specifications.
- Making estimations for timescales and costs.
- Overseeing the project at all stages and providing solutions to problems.
- Provide weekly and monthly status reports highlighting areas of concerns and solutions to mitigate risk.
- Collaborating with site managers, purchasers, engineers and others involved in the manufacture of the product(s).
- Ensuring procedures are carried out safely.
- Participate in project meetings and discussions with the Client as required.
Minimum Skills and Experience:-
- Degree qualified in relevant engineering discipline
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably aviation
- Excellent planning skills
- Strong communication skills
- Results focus
Why Choose Zenon Aviation?
In the ever changing and dynamic market place, Zenon Aviation knows that the support and care we provide to candidates is vital in assisting you in achieving your career aspirations. Our team of dedicated consultants will deal with your application efficiently and more importantly confidentially, providing a professional and reliable service.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV to us in confidence.
Alternatively, for a confidential call with our Recruitment Manager Kevin Small, please phone the office.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence and unless you hear from us within 10 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Only candidates with the right to work within the EU will be considered.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.