We are currently seeking a number of Technical Services Representatives for one of the world’s leading providers of aircraft maintenance at Shannon Airport. Initially the role will be for a 12-month contract. This is a very exciting opportunity for a candidate who would like the opportunity to develop and grow professionally in the role. Further opportunities beyond the 12-month contract will exist for candidates who are successful and succeed in the role.
A competitive salary is on offer along with company benefits such as health insurance and participation in the company pension scheme. A per diem rate while travelling will also apply.
Please refer to Additional Information below for further information regarding living and working in County Clare, Ireland
The role of Technical Services Representative has three main functions; aircraft inspection, aircraft records & maintenance planning, and technical representation. Projects and assignments are conducted at worldwide locations for long and short-term assignments with short intervals between assignments.
- Carry out physical inspections of aircraft at various levels.
- Detailed inspections for dent and buckle verification/assessment to support aircraft valuation.
- Inspections during maintenance for acceptance of work performed.
- Prepare aircraft inspection reports detailing aircraft status at a level specified by the customer.
Aircraft Records Review & Maintenance Planning
- Audit/Inspect all aircraft records and documentation for compliance with regulatory and contractual obligations, proof of maintenance and to ascertain current status, e.g. AD status.
- Identify where records are incomplete.
- Prepare reports detailing aircraft and record status as required by the customer.
- Develop maintenance schedules bridging checks and work packs to comply with owner/customer and aviation authority requirements. Conduct maintenance and cost reviews as required.
- Represent customers, owners, lessors, lessees or Company interests during aircraft lease returns, delivery, transitions, maintenance checks and sale/purchase.
- Represent the Company or customers professionally in technical and business meetings involving the appropriate authorities, operators, MRO’s etc.
- Support customers with technical expertise for aircraft registration/deregistration.
- Support customers by liaising with other service providers, e.g. CAMO, National Aviation Authorities, MRO’s, Part 21 org’s etc.
- Provide cross departmental support as required.
- Support and participate in continuous improvements and other projects as required.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required by the Business Development Manager and the Head of Aviation Services.
- Have a minimum of 3 years aircraft maintenance experience (post-training) and be comfortable with all aspects of the physical aircraft inspection.
- Hold an Aircraft Maintenance Technician Level 1 approval or equivalent.
- Have a good knowledge of all aircraft documentation and record management.
- Have strong IT skills. Proficient in MS office, word, excel and PowerPoint.
- Have strong report writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent planning & organisational skills with ability to work independently or in a team, to tight deadlines.
- Be self-motivated, confident and methodical in their approach, with excellent customer orientation skills.
- Extensive travel is required and at short notice to worldwide locations, for short & long term assignments.