Security Clearance: Secret
Develops, interprets and implements financial/administrative/accounting concepts or techniques for financial analysis.
- Conducts special studies to analyze financial actions and prepares recommendations for policies and procedures
- Interprets and applies policies, government legislation and accounting theories
- Ensures compliance with internal procedures and regulatory agencies
- Oversees and assures financial strategies to ensure compliance with terms of company policy and applicable regulation such as Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and General Accepted Accounting principles (GAAP).
- Participates in the development of cost controls, procedures, systems, and forecasting techniques to evaluate contract/program status.
- Analyzes and prepares cost proposals and schedule estimates for review.
- Preparation of annual budgets, or analysis of the monthly budget to actual variances.
- Acts as the Financial Liaison on financial systems or financial analytical issues, concerns and special projects.
- Interfaces with top management for requests for financial data, resolving reports and compliance issues.
- Determines project implementation requirements and strategies.
- Coordinates and facilitates the development of the project specifications documents.
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in finance and accounting relational databases and Microsoft applications.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills to oversee multiple work assignments.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Joint Travel Regulations (JTR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and General Accepted Accounting principles (GAAP).
- Effective decision making and problem solving.
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management if required for specific contract.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in an associated discipline. Two (2) years experience in analytical finance capacity or related field may be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college.
- Typically six (6) years financial analysis/planning experience. Prefer experience to be working on a government contract.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Works in normal office environment. Often works extended hours to meet project deadlines.