UNITED STATES-NORTH CAROLINA-ELIZABETH CITY
Security Clearance: NAC-I
Coats surfaces of aircraft, support equipment, and allied components with paint, lacquer, epoxy, resin, or other material, using brushes, rollers, spray guns, and other devices.
- Remove old paint from aircraft, using liquid paint remover and scraper.
- Examines stock to verify conformance to specifications.
- Store articles in bins, on floor or on shelves, according to identifying information, such as style, size or type of material.
- Smooth surface with sandpaper and steel wool.
- Roughen aluminum surfaces with acid solution and steel wool to insure that paint adheres to surface.
- Mask and covers portions of surfaces not to be painted.
- Paints insignia, letters, or numerals on aircraft surface using stencils.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of preparation and painting of aircraft, support equipment, and allied components.
- Knowledge of aircraft and/or company forms required by work requirements.
- Works independently with good decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
Experience & Education
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years actual and recent experience in the preparation and painting of aircraft, support equipment, and allied component surfaces.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for up to six hours per day and sit for up to four hours per day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds to height of four feet and be required to lift up to 35 pounds to height of 7 feet.
- Must be able to read and interpret newspaper and typewritten print.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sounds.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three dimensional depth.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, etc.
- May be exposed to rapid or extreme temperature changes, wind, and dust.
- Will be exposed to loud noises.
- Be able to travel to and between remote location(s) in austere environments.
- May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure.
- Must be able to pass initial and annual health/respiratory evaluations and wear applicable Personnel Protective Equipment.