UNITED STATES-NORTH CAROLINA-ELIZABETH CITY
Security Clearance: NAC-I
The Aircraft Structural Specialists will maintain, repair, and modify aircraft structures.
Duties and Responsiblities
- Maintains, repairs and modifies aircraft structures, structural components and engines of complex to extreme difficulty.
- Maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components.
- Applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions.
- Applies technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation.
- Applies professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufactures' manuals.
- Make entries in aircraft logs and records.
- Responsible for providing guidance and technical expertise to lower level technicians throughout all aircraft modifications and/or maintenance efforts.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures
- Knowledge of replacement of components
- Thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair
- Ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
- Detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test
- equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc
Education and Experience
- Five (5) years of designing repair schemes for structural issues outside of the C-130 structural repair manuals or similar.
- Experience with aircraft major overhaul maintenance and repair experience on C-130 series aircraft or similar aircraft.
- High school diploma or equivalent.