UNITED STATES-NORTH CAROLINA-ELIZABETH CITY
Security Clearance: NAC-I
The Aircraft Mechanic Lead provides oversight of and maintains, repairs, and modifies aircraft structures, structural components and engines of complex to extreme difficulty.
Leads a team and provides training, coaching, guidance as required to produce a quality product safely and on schedule.
Maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components, and applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions
Applies technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation.
Applies professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufactures' manuals.
Knowledge and Ability
- Comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components
- Thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair
- Ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
- Detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc
- Demonstrated expertise with corrosion control, aircraft systems and management of an aircraft in PSI or equivalent procedures.
- Ability to provide technical support to structural/mechanical engineers and customers alike.
- Excellent organizational skills in prioritizing workload to meet aircraft delivery schedule.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of eight (8) years working as an aircraft mechanic with three years as an aircraft lead mechanic of a depot repair/overhaul team.
- Extensive knowledge of USCG aeronautical engineering policy is highly desired.
- Valid FAA Aircraft & Power plant (A&P) license is preferred.
- Must possess a military or Civilian Aviation Technical School certification or an associate degree in Aviation Maintenance Technology.
- C-130 experience is desirable.
- Valid Driver’s License