UNITED STATES-NORTH CAROLINA-ELIZABETH CITY
Security Clearance: NAC-I
The Engine Shop Lead oversees and performs work on the maintenance, repair, and overhaul of aircraft engines.
Provides oversight to a team.
Disassemble, inspect, and reassemble assigned engines/engine components as required with applicable tech data.
Perform scheduled/unscheduled maintenance tasks in accordance with applicable technical directives to ensure quality and completeness of maintenance.
Accomplish entries associated with maintenance tasks and the ordering of parts under the supervision of qualified personnel
Conduct maintenance inspections of engine/component to ensure quality and completeness
Comply with all applicable contractual programs and regulations; i.e., tool, safety, security, HAZMAT, support equipment, housekeeping and FOD prevention programs
Must ensure all applicable PPE is worn as required
Knowledge and Ability
- Knowledge of complex multi engine turbojets.
- Knowledge of military technical manuals, technical orders, modification work orders, and engineering and technical data.
- Demonstrated expertise with all aspects of engine maintenance and overhaul.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Extensive knowledge of USCG aeronautical engineering policy.
- Ability to lead a team.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of eight (8) years experience as an engine mechanic on C-130 engines.
- Three (3) years experience on T-56 engines and at least three (3) years of experience on the AE2100D3 engines.
- Valid FAA Power plant certification is desired.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.