UNITED STATES-NORTH CAROLINA-ELIZABETH CITY
Security Clearance: NAC-I
The Sheet Metal Shop Lead oversees and maintains, repairs, and modified aircraft structures.
Duties and Responsibilities
Leads a team to perform safe and efficient work
Fabricates, assembles and installs prototype equipment used in research and development.
Installs prototype equipment on aircraft and make modifications to the existing airframe to accommodate installations.
Coordinates with engineering personnel throughout the project
Provides technical assistance to project engineers, contractors and factory representatives and performs sheet metal repairs to a variety of aircraft.
Reads and interprets engineering and technical data and use a variety of precision measuring instruments, making necessary adjustments during machining operation to achieve requisite dimensions to very close tolerances.
Orders and maintains items required to accomplish tasking.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of sheet metal materials and repair techniques
- Knowledge of tools and equipment associated with a sheet metal shop, such as protractors, calipers, pitch gauges, crimping tools/machines, forming machines, lathes, milling machines, saws and drilling presses.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering and technical data
- Ability to successfully lead a team.
- Knowledge of USCG aeronautical engineering policy.
Education and Experience
- Eight (8) years total documented experience in airframe repair.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid FAA Aircraft & Powerplant (A&P) license preferred.
- Prior C-130 experience preferred.