Primary Location: UNITED STATES-NORTH CAROLINA-ELIZABETH CITY
Security Clearance: NAC-I
The Deputy Program Manager assists the Program Manager in planning, directing controlling and monitoring assigned program to ensure satisfactory completion of the program objectives. Acts as designee for Program Manager for all matters relating to the assigned contract between government personnel and DynCorp management team.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Manages the program to ensure fulfillment of contractual obligations including cost, quality and schedules while maintaining company profit motives.
- Assists in all phases of programs from inception through completion. Responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
- Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs.
- Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Develops new business or expands the product line with the customer.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications. Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical and administrative areas.
- Coordinates and/or approves local operating and personnel actions, policies and procedures within the generalized framework of overall corporate guidelines.
- Responsible for contract administrative functions including safety, security, and labor reporting.
- Ensures adherence to established standards of individual performances and site discipline.
- Manages monetary resources in such a manner to keep the contract within budget guidelines and meet all DynCorp budget objectives.
- Provides a high degree of customer satisfaction by quality performance and best-return for their investment.
- Serves as a liaison with customer representatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent communication, effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills to support site operations.
- Proficiency in various computer programs desirable (ex: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Additional skills may be required by contract and will be listed separately.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration/Management or an associated discipline preferred.
- Seven to Nine years in related environment; 3-5 years in a managerial role preferred.
- Additional experience/education may be required by contract and will be listed separately.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Works in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions for CONUS locations.
- For OVS assignments, may be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure.
- Travel requirements will vary with assignment.