Primary Location: UNITED STATES-MARYLAND-PATUXENT RIVER
Security Clearance: Secret
The Production Control Clerk compiles and records production data for industrial establishments to compare records and reports on volume of production, consumption of material, quality control, and other aspects of production, performing any combination of the following duties:
- Compile and record production data from such documents as customer orders, work tickets, product specifications, and individual worker production sheets, following prescribed recording procedures and using typewriter and other devices.
- Calculate such factors as types and quantities of items produced, materials used, and amount of scrap, frequency of defects, and worker and department production rates, using adding machine or calculator.
- Write production reports based on data compiled, tabulated and computed, following prescribed formats.
- Maintain files of documents used and prepared.
- Compile from customer orders and other specifications detailed production sheets or work tickets for use by production workers as guides in assembly or manufacture of products.
- Prepare written work schedules based on established guidelines and priorities.
- Compile material inventory records and prepare requisitions for procurement of materials and supplies.
- Chart production, using chart, graph, or pegboard, based on statistics compiled for reference by production and management personnel.
- Sort and distribute work tickets or material to workers.
- May compute wages from employee time cards and post wage data on records used for preparation of payroll.
- Process Naval Aircraft Flight Record (NAVFLIR) input and validation.
- Verify flight operation reports.
- Assist maintenance control supervisor with aircraft discrepancy book reviews.
- Prepare, record, verify and update aircraft records and reports.
- Prepare and update engine documentation.
- Monitor, order, verify, and update technical directives (TDs).
- Initiate, update, and verify aircraft logbooks and aeronautical equipment service record (AESR) forms and records.
- Ensure the provision of accurate aircraft inventories, equipment serial numbers and configurations.
- Prepare and verify aircraft inventory records.
- Comply with all current sections of COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 series applicable to aircraft maintenance.
- Working knowledge of technical publications, NAMP and NALCOMIS aircraft maintenance applications.
- Perform other job related duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of maintenance and material control procedures.
- Knowledge of aircraft log books, logs and records, and production daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
- Must be able to analyze maintenance and material data.
- Ability to interact effectively with personnel at all organizational levels.
- Understand technical language terms in associated field.
- Possess a valid US State driver's license.
- Ability to read and interpret data is required.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to obtain a secret security clearance.
Experience & Education
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- Shall have completed the Navy AZ class "C" school or USMC/USCG equivalent.
- Two (2) or more years of recent aircraft records experience.
- Prior maintenance and material control operations experience preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Ability to work under pressure and continuously meet deadlines.
- Works in a normal office in a hanger environment.
- May vary by location.