Primary Location: UNITED STATES-MARYLAND-PATUXENT RIVER
Security Clearance: Secret
The Tool and Parts Attendant receives, stores and issues hand tools, machine tools, replacement parts, shop supplies and equipment, such as measuring devices, in an aircraft maintenance environment.
- Receives, stores, and issues hand tools, machine tools, replacement parts, shop supplies and equipment, such as measuring devices, in aircraft maintenance establishment.
- Keeps records of tools issued to and returned by workers.
- Searches for lost or misplaced tools.
- Prepares periodic inventory or keeps perpetual inventory and requisitions stock as needed.
- Unpacks and stores new equipment.
- Visually inspects tools for wear or defects and reports damaged or worn-out equipment to superiors.
- May coat tools with grease or other preservative, using brush or spray gun.
- May attach identification tags or engrave identifying information on tools and equipment, using electric marking tool.
- May issue and receive PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), to include fall protection harnesses.
- May handle and issue hazardous materials.
- Comply with all current sections of COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 series applicable to aircraft maintenance.
- Working knowledge of technical publications, NAMP and NALCOMIS aircraft maintenance applications.
- Perform other job related duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Working knowledge of FOD control programs
- Working knowledge of common and specialty aviation tools
- Working knowledge of inventory control and tool room procedures
- Must have required hazmat training.
- Possess a valid US State driver's license.
- Ability to read and interpret data is required.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to obtain a Government flight line driver’s license.
- Ability to obtain a secret security clearance.
Experience & Education
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- Completion of specialized training schools is desired
- Minimum of one year actual experience in repair, modification and maintenance of systems related to individual specialty codes
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- May work in Aircraft maintenance hangar or outside.
- May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to see aircraft in flight, read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
- Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, etc.
- May vary by location.