Primary Location: UNITED STATES-TEXAS-LAUGHLIN AFB
Security Clearance: NAC-I
The Aircraft Welder provides Welding support for engine/components/support equipment at the highest quality and safety standards in accordance with applicable technical directives.
- Weld, grind, solder, heat-treat and perform sand blasting of engine and support equipment in accordance with the requirements specified in applicable technical manuals.
- Assist in performing sheet metal tasks to support the metal processing workload.
- Fabricate parts, stands, fixtures, and equipment as required.
- Determines serviceability of engine parts/support equipment.
- Maintain shop equipment and tooling.
- Comply with all applicable contractual programs and regulations, i.e. tools, safety, HAZMAT, support equipment, housekeeping and FOD prevention programs.
- Accomplish paperwork entries associated with maintenance tasks and the ordering of parts.
- Maintain certification as a condition of employment.
- Perform inspections of engine/component repairs for quality and completeness.
- Must ensure all applicable PPE is worn as required.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Working knowledge of welding shop practices and procedures.
- Working knowledge of drawings, blueprints, maintenance instructions and other applicable technical directives.
- Ability to meet the certification requirements of Technical order 00-25-252 within the first 60 day of employment.
- Ability to be respirator qualified.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Able to read, write, speak and understand American English.
- Able to maintain required Security Clearance.
Experience & Education
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in commercial welding is required.
- Prior experience in welding on assigned engines preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Night work may be required
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
- No travel required