Important! This job ad is no longer active
Maintenance Repair Operations, Electronic Engineer
Primary Location: UNITED STATES-CALIFORNIA-MCCLELLAN
Security Clearance: None
(CBA Title: Aircraft Electrician)
- This is a journey level for an aviation electrician.
- Incumbents at this level work independently to diagnose, inspect, repair and manufacture aircraft wiring and electrical systems and components; disassemble and overhaul aircraft electrical components; install and rig critical aircraft electrical components and return to service sophisticated electrical systems and components.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Aircraft AC and DC electrical systems, wire marking standards; electrical wiring fabrication, installation, and repair; electrical load analysis and wire sizing; electrical components including starters, generators, voltage regulators, dimming controls, transformer/rectifiers, inverters, and frequency controllers; and FAA wiring and electrical maintenance procedures and practices.
- Troubleshoot difficult electrical system malfunctions; determine and made necessary repairs to electrical systems and components; design and fabricate electrical wire harness assemblies for new installation or major repair; design and produce electrical wiring schematics for fleet aircraft wiring modification and build up; make repairs in accordance with FAA-approved maintenance requirements; and work cooperatively with other maintenance technicians in the repair and maintenance of aircraft.
Experience & Education
- Possession of the following certificates: FAA Airframe Technician's certificate or FCC general radio certificate and a valid class C California driver’s license and five years of aerospace industry work experience as an aircraft electrician.
- Military experience may qualify in lieu of FAA and FCC certificates if the level of work and responsibility was equal to that of an aircraft electrician.