Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
The Release Engineer will play a key role in ensuring that the correct versions of project components (change requests) are released to production on time and with quality, by following an organized and adaptive approach. The primary responsibility will be to coordinate with all stakeholders, create and follow a release strategy. The other key areas of responsibility will be to design and develop build, scripts, installation procedures, and systems including source code control and issue tracking in alignment with the organization strategy and goals. Working closely with the development and quality team to integrate new deployment processes and ensure final version is up to organizational standards.
1. Apply a structured methodology and lead release management activities for flydubai.
2. Architecting, maintaining and streamlining our automated build and release pipeline from code compilation, testing, to deploying releases to production environment
3. Facilitating and championing the quick resolution of problems found during the production promotes and deployment efforts
4. Develop and sustain expertise in industry release management standards.
5. Coordinate with Vendors, Development partners and FZ team to ensure the release version is with quality and on time
6. Creating and maintaining documentation of the build/release process.
7. Investigating tools and processes and integrating them so that they can improve the reliability,
stability and efficiency with which we release our services
8. Conduct and participate in Post Implementation Reviews (PIR) in line with the change management process.
9. Oversees and monitors compliance / adherence to the established processes and practices.
10. Immediately escalates potential risks and issues to the Manager, IT Production Services or the IT Leadership team.
11. Producing regular and accurate release management reports on all project / changes executed by capturing metrics, scorecards and change data.
• BE/ BTech/ MCA/ MSc/ BSc
• Strong knowledge of source control management and tools.
• Knowledge in AWS server management
• Knowledge of continuous build, release and deployment systems.
• Scripting experience with batch / shell scripting in Powershell and Linux.
• Experience in programming skills. Expected to develop necessary tools.
• Experience with tools such as Git, Maven and TFS/VSTS
• 4+ years of total experience in release management activities
• Experience with Automated Testing/QA frameworks and tools.
Knowledge / Skills
• Strong ITIL Release Management process knowledge.
• Knowledge of .NET, Java and Web applications deployment
• Knowledge of IIS, Websphere/Tomcat
• Knowledge of Windows and Linux server management
Certificate / License required
• Certification in ITIL preferred
• Certifications in AWS service management
• Customer Focus
• Team work
• Effective Communication
• Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
• Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)