We are currently seeking Aviation Trainers and Workshop Trainers for one of the world’s leading providers of aircraft maintenance at Shannon Airport. This is a very exciting opportunity for a candidate who has completed a recognised Traineeship / Apprenticeship in Aircraft Maintenance or Structures and Composites training or completed a Traineeship or Apprenticeship in a technical trade.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a teacher or instructor and previous experience in an EASA Part 147 organisation would be a distinct advantage. See below for full requirements of the job.
The post attracts a competitive salary and other company benefits.
Please refer to Additional Information below for further information regarding living and working in County Clare, Ireland
- Develop and deliver Aviation Training programs.
- Be capable and competent delivering EASA Part 66 Theoretical and Workshop Practical Training modules, and other aviation training in line with customer needs (both in PART 145 or other).
- Develop, prepare and review course material for Aviation Training programs. This could include EASA Part 66 modules/ Continuation Training/ Practical Training and other aviation training in line with customer needs.
- Carry out practical training and assessments, in line with Part 147 requirements.
- Carry out assessments / examinations in line with Part 147 requirements. Professionally conduct training, ensuring that standards and guidelines are clear to students.
- Create an environment conducive to effective learning whilst ensuring the safety of all students.
- Participate in / contribute to the planning of training/examination schedules and in the co-ordination of same with Customers, Authorities etc. Propose solutions/ideas to bottlenecks/issues within the training schedule.
- Support the maintenance of examination data-bases, keeping them current and secure in line with the Company and International Standards.
- Participate in reviewing the effectiveness of training and in implementing appropriate corrective, preventative or improvement activities required or agreed with the Aviation Training Team Leader / Head of Aviation Services.
- Support the up-dating of our MTOE and other policies, procedures and directives and ensure courses are delivered in accordance with same.
- Lead projects or programs as assigned by the Aviation Training Team Leader or Head of Aviation Services.
- Deliver training which will involve working away from base and outside of Ireland for long and short term durations.
- Support other Aviation Services Teams. Deputise for the Aviation Training Team Leader.
- Liaise with our customers, be an ambassador for the school. Be an exam invigilator. Be a coach, mentor and class representative to your assigned classes.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required by the Aviation Training Team Leader and Head of Aviation Services.
- Has completed a recognised Traineeship / Apprenticeship in Aircraft Maintenance or Structures and Composites training or completed a Traineeship or Apprenticeship in a technical trade.
- Must be prepared to pass the relevant EASA Part 66 Modules if you have not passed them already.
- Experience as a teacher, instructor or trainer, with experience in an EASA Part 147 environment a distinct advantage.
- Have a good knowledge of EASA Parts 145, 147 and 66.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Be a good team player with demonstrated excellent interpersonal, time management (of assigned tasks and projects) and organisational skills.
- An ability to work with customers to understand their training and development needs.
- Be capable of demonstrating a very high level of instruction design and delivery skills.
- Be a self-motivated, confident and independent professional, capable of being an ambassador for the Company: and Aviation Services by independently supporting students / customers at their own bases.
- Have good IT skill and be familiar with Microsoft packages. Experience in internet communication / methods of instruction would also be a distinct advantage.