Primary Location: UNITED STATES-FLORIDA-MILTON
Security Clearance: NACLC
The Technical Publications Librarian manages and maintains all technical publications in the central, dispersed and site libraries for immediate retrieval of accurate technical information by both maintenance and management personnel.
- Maintains all certification forms, exams and computer products in relation to the certification / licensing program.
- Coordinates all certification requirements with work center supervisors and outside agencies.
- Types and files quality assurance correspondence and coordinates all library and certification functions with Quality Assurance Manager / Supervisor.
- Maintains a computer file of all publications within the central / dispersed and site libraries.
- Documents and verifies accuracy of all publications for each library in accordance with applicable Government / Company policies and instructions.
- Coordinates publication procedures with all dispersed librarians in accordance with applicable Government / Company policies and instructions.
- Distributes changes to each dispersed and site librarians for incorporation into their libraries.
- Assists and trains personnel in the use and maintenance of technical publication libraries.
- Conducts scheduled library audits / inventories of all work center / site libraries as required.
- Submits a Technical Publications Deficiency Report on any that is incomplete upon receipt.
- Coordinates and keeps the Quality Assurance Manager informed of all library and certification / licensing functions.
- Coordinates and administratively provides assistance in developing licensing and certification processes, to include the development of examinations and OJT requirement in accordance with applicable Government / Company policies and instructions.
- Assists in preparation of CDRL's.
- Processes and tracks all special process certifications and re-certifications for all employees.
- Distributes to work centers a monthly report of personnel scheduled for re-certification.
- Coordinates the certification program submission for the Monthly Maintenance Plan.
- Administers and grades exams for initial and recurring certifications.
- Issues support equipment licenses.
- Ensures all Company maintenance instructions are formatted, typed, properly approved and distributed correctly. Additionally, makes sure they are reviewed annually.
- Prepares typed and / or computer printed correspondence and reports for Quality Assurance.
- Maintains files of correspondence, directives and other Quality Assurance reports.
- Complies with all established general and industrial safety rules and regulations as applicable to the contract, facility and job assignment.
- Assists as directed to ensure safety, security and preservation of government /company owned equipment.
- Performs other qualified related duties.
Knowledge & Skills
- Working knowledge of applicable maintenance / technical manuals and publications.
- Able to type a minimum of 35 words per minute.
- Functional knowledge and skills to operate computer equipment.
- Able to read, write, understand and communicate the English Language.
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions.
Experience & Education
- Two (2) or more years general publications experience. One (1) year of which must be specialized in U.S. Armed Forces Aviation Technical Publication Inventory Control / requisitioning / upkeep.
- Graduation from high school or GED required.
- Satisfactory completion of U.S. Armed Forces Technical Publications Librarian courses or civilian schools with equivalent curriculum or one (1) year of on the job training / experience required.
- Must be able to meet Government / Company licensing / qualification requirements for the position.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Climbing, standing, stooping, bending, stretching and working in uncomfortable positions.
- Required lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must have close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Requires hearing to normal range.
- May be required to handle hazardous materials.
- Aircraft maintenance shops and hangars.
- May require travel to attend Company sponsored training or seminars and audits.