Primary Location: UNITED STATES-CALIFORNIA-REDDING
Security Clearance: Non
The Inventory Control Specialist maintains records of materials in inventory and on order. Maintains continued accountability and inventory requirements for corporate assets for assigned department or program.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Ensures accuracy of input data to the inventory system.
- Performs research and analysis to assist with resolution of inventory problems such as over, short and damaged inbound freight. May process claims if required.
- Provides inventory detail to other departments as needed.
- Compiles records of amount, type, and value of material or stock on hand.
- Unloads, unpacks, inspects, counts, and stores incoming supplies and equipment.
- Reviews and verifies quantities received against bills of lading, purchase order and shipping documents.
- Performs analysis of current inventory and/or usage, shipping, sorting as needed by other departments.
- Reconciles discrepancies in inventories.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
· Assist in completing and following through on issues and actions after a decision has been made as to the method of solution or approach.
· Assists in the completion and authorization of employee paperwork.
· Assists in formulation, establishment and execution of established policies and procedures.
· Assists in preparing reports and other records and procedures.
· Assists in preparation of special materials for presentations for the program.
· Assists in training staff in specialized performances, duties and paperwork.
· Assists and participates in office management conference on any organizational issues when required.
· Assists in intra- and inter- departmental activities.
· Implements improvements in methods, systems, programs, administrative and other services.
· Arrange travel through internal or outside agents for program manager and staff, when needed.
· Implement and retain a workflow system within the office.
· Assist with any data entry and upkeep within the Firewatch Program.
· Assure discreet handling of all business.
Knowledge & Skills
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of inventory control principles and warehouse processes.
- Good communication and customer service support skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment.
Experience & Education
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) or more years’ related experience required.
- Additional experience/education may be required by contract or assignment.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Work is in warehouse environment.
- Ability to work in adverse temperatures.
- Ability to lift materials weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Typically not required.
· This position requires the use of company (rental) vehicles and Official Government vehicles on company and Government business. Individuals must be capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record. Individuals will also be required to obtain a valid Government driver’s license (company paid expense).
· This position will require the performance of other essential functions to the program depending upon work location and assignment.
· Take independent actions and seek to increase responsibilities and knowledge.