Primary Location: AFGHANISTAN-OCONUS-KANDAHAR
Security Clearance: Secret
The Senior Aircraft Cargo Load Planner will certify aircraft load plans for the US Military and assist in developing plans for various air shipments from CONUS to OCONUS and various sites OCONUS.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Certify that weight distribution of the aircraft with cargo, baggage and passengers is in accordance with safety regulations and aircraft limits
- Oversee planning guidance and advice for assisting in developing estimates for types of aircraft to be used for loads
- Review aircraft weight and balance records and cargo manifest
- Determine quantity of cargo and passengers or troops to be loaded and proper placement in aircraft
- Compute load and cargo distribution
- Compute weight and balance, and determine the amount of weight to be placed in each compartment or at each station. Consider factors such as fuel load, aircraft structural limits, and emergency equipment required
- Operate the military Automated Air Load Planning System (AALPS) and Integrated Computerized Deployment System (ICODES) to develop Aircraft Load Plans for USAF cargo aircraft
- Coordinate with US Army units and Air Force Loadmasters to ensure cargo is loaded properly onto aircraft
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Able to read, write, and speak fluent English
- Requires the ability to communicate to a variety of personnel (military, civilians) and personnel from various geographical backgrounds
- Must represent and maintain a professional image
- Will often make decisions on how to best serve the customer when faced with competing priorities. Sound judgment and attention to detail is required
- Individual must be a self-starter who can operate with periods of time without direct supervision
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US passport
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance
- Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment
Experience & Education
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Air Mobility Affiliation Course Certificate, AMC Airlift Load Planning Certification (AMC Form 9) or equivalent is required; if certification is more than two years old, candidates will be required to successfully complete refresher training prior to deployment
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience operating Automated Air Load Planning System (AALPS) and/or Integrated Computerized Deployment System (ICODES) is required. ICODES experience is preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience operating Global Air Transportation Execution System (GATES) is required
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience operating Global Decision Support System II (GDSS II) is required
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD HAZMAT Inspector certification
- Additional experience/education may be required by contract or assignment
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Must have ability to obtain and maintain US security clearance at proper level