Salary: £35.00 - £37.00 per hour
Job type: Contract
Category: B2 Licensed Engineer Jobs, B1 Licensed Engineer Jobs
Morson International are recruiting for a Maintenance Operations Controller (MOC) for a leading aerospace client based in Camberley.
The MOC is responsible for front line coordination of the European Fleetcare Maintenance Operation. Working with fleets of B787 and B737MAX aircraft, the Technical Operations Centre is the hub of customer airline maintenance operations and liaises with all stakeholders within the operation. The role is Control Centre based, providing control of all maintenance activities across the network and oversight of Contracted MROs activities at all times.
* Manage the progression of defects and drive fleet defect level to pre-determined operator targets as agreed with the operator.
* To facilitate and manage technical communications internally and externally.
* Attend Regulatory meetings as required.
* Control Applications for Concessions and Variations.
* Ensure all planned aircraft work is carried out to plan and liaise with Maintenance Planning to optimize production with MRO available resources. To ensure that scheduled and unscheduled ground time is maximized as an opportunity for scheduled and unscheduled work.
* Provide technical liaison between the MRO and internal departments including Planning and Technical Services to resolve any emergent issue.
* Perform mandatory regulatory reporting as required.
* Manage AOG, 'Estimated Time to Serviceable' and 'Serviceable' declaration to the operation.
* Ensure the contacted MRO has the appropriate EASA Regulatory Approval to undertake the assigned aircraft work.
* Provide support and guidance on processes and procedures.
* Liaise with hangar production for regular updates for aircraft return to service post base maintenance and casualty input.
* Monitoring AHM and other tools to identify and prepare for emergent faults.
* Communications with aircraft via VHF/HF/ACARS/SATCOM.
* Update customer computer systems as required.
* Facilitate reach back to Seattle for support of operational technical and reliability issues.
* Ensure all aircraft paperwork, technical logs, and work packs are completed accurately within prescribed timescales and returned.
* Provide data for performance metrics as appropriate.
* Ensure any additional work the MRO undertakes on any customer aircraft is fully justified prior to ASR approval including approval or rejection of ASR's.
* Manage the communication of fleet status and ensure that the operator is informed to satisfy AOC Part-M oversight requirements.
* Ensure the MRO has adequate manpower with the appropriate qualifications to undertake the planned aircraft work.
* Maintain an accurate shift log throughout the duty period. Allow adequate time for shift handover to ensure all relevant information is transferred.
* Report quality lapses to the Service Centre Quality department.
* Manage delay and AOG events to ensure airplane is returned to service in the shortest possible time whilst ensuring defect rectification is carried out in accordance with the regulatory requirements.
* Co-ordinate inter-departmental maintenance activities to ensure minimum disruption to the operational program.
* Provide technical guidance where necessary at the allocated line or base maintenance location in accordance with approved maintenance practices and data.
* Review flying program and maintenance plan for 7 days ahead with consideration to aircraft hours and cycles and defect life.
* Monitor aircraft operating base transfers and aircraft pre-load status at all stations.
* Provide on wing support to the EMT or AOG team as required.
* Elevate operational issues to leadership.
* Host and attend daily cadence of Maintenance operations meetings as defined by the Customer.
* Ensure prior to any aircraft input that all tooling and equipment is provided, fully serviceable, and on-site personnel are fully trained to use the tooling and equipment.
If this role is of your interest, please apply.