Primary Location: UNITED STATES-MARYLAND-ANDREWS AFB
Security Clearance: Secret
The Environmental, Health and Safety Manager works with site program management to maintain environmental, health, and safety programs, to include policies, processes, procedures and controls. Ensures contract performance conforms to established standards and governmental agency guidelines, guaranteeing lasting customer satisfaction.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Manages, implements and maintains required environmental operation procedures to ensure company and employee awareness, comprehension and adherence to approved health, safety and environmental practices for assigned program.
- Conducts quality and safety inspections/audits of contract operations and subcontractors.
- Prepares hazard and environmental waste programs, manuals and revisions.
- Coordinates and performs audits on health/safety/environmental and maintenance programs
- Provides response to customer concerns and findings. Tracks corrective actions taken in response to internal and customer audit findings.
- Provides guidance and direction to achieve compliance with all applicable safety and quality standards.
- Acts as a direct representative of DynCorp to the customer
- Establishes and communicates program metrics as needed.
- Maintains awareness of regulatory changes and disseminates safety-related bulletins, technical changes and literature to work site personnel.
- Investigates mishaps and injuries.
- Maintains technical library.
- Ensures injury, incident, HAZMAT and adverse trend reporting.
- Monitors quality deficiencies and coordinates corrective actions.
- Provides leadership and knowledge to staff members and teams as necessary.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Advanced knowledge of EHS policies and processes.
- Working knowledge of compliance with Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) handling.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Project planning and management skills.
- Ability to get results through influence, negotiation and teamwork.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Working knowledge of quality management, its concepts, techniques, tools and procedures.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial hygiene, environmental, health and safety management or other associated discipline.
- Two (2) years’ experience in government contracting, U.S. Military or related field may be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college. Master’s degree preferred.
- Eight (8) years’ progressively responsible experience in any combination within program management, plant & operations management, or safety & environmental compliance.
- Two (2) years management experience preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Work in office environment with time also spent in worksite locations.
- Assignment to overseas locations where living and working conditions could be remote and uncomfortable, with long hours, exposure to weather, dust, and hazardous/harsh conditions.