China Southern Airlines operates the largest fleet, most developed route network and largest passenger capacity in the people’s republic of China. Currently it operates more than 600 aircrafts and helicopters, including the Boeing 787, 777, 757, 737 as well as the Airbus A380, 330, 321, 320 and 319. In terms of fleet size, China Southern is the largest airline of Asia and the fifth among the 240 airlines of IATA, being the first airline in the world to operate A380 and B787 Dreamliner. With its close partnership with other Sky Team partner airlines, China Southern has broadened its air network and now it connects 177 nations with convenient access to 1,052 destinations, including all major world cities.
China Southern now offers B787 transition program for type rated and non-type rated captains.
- Minimum 5,000 hours in the front seat time on turboprop and turbojet (simulator time not included)
- Minimum 3,000 PIC experience hours in the multi-crew, multi-engine commercial jet aircraft
with an MTOW of 50 tons above
- Valid ATPL with type rating B737NG/B747-400/B757/B767/B777/B787/A320/A330/A340/A380
- Valid Class1 medical certificate
- ICAO English level 4 or above
- No history of incidents or accidents
- No criminal record
- Flight breaks no more than 180 days and valid the last proficiency check
- Recurrent simulator successfully completed within 6 months
- Provide security evaluation comment (original) issued by the former airlines employer