Primary Location: UNITED STATES-ALABAMA-REDSTONE ARSENAL
Security Clearance: Secret
The Egress Technician inspects, repairs, and troubleshoots Aircraft Egress, Canopy Fracturing Systems and Emergency Oxygen system components to ensure compliance with prescribed maintenance requirements and manufacturer’s specifications.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Performs conditional, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on ejection seats, canopy and emergency oxygen systems.
- Performs Egress system troubleshooting tasks.
- Performs required maintenance on (SSK) survival equipment.
- Operates Ground Support Equipment to perform Egress and Gaseous Oxygen maintenance tasks.
- Enters required Data into Computerized maintenance records.
- Utilizes and interprets information contained in maintenance manuals, diagrams, schematics, blueprints, technical publications and operational procedures.
- Orders required equipment and supplies.
- Performs collateral duty inspections and collateral duty quality assurance inspections as required.
- Maintains cleanliness of work center.
- Ensures compliance with Foreign Object Damage (FOD), Hazardous waste, Egress Familiarization and tool control programs.
- Assists as directed to ensure safety, security and preservation of government / company owned equipment.
- Deals with the customer in courteous, professional and effective manner.
- Performs inventory, acceptance and transfer inspections.
- Performs pre-flight, post-flight, turnaround and daily inspections and servicing when required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Working knowledge of NAMP CNAF 4790.2, NAVAIR 11-100-1.1 CD, and other applicable maintenance / technical manuals.
- Working knowledge of Aircraft Egress Systems and applicable explosive devices.
- Able to provide own hand tools.
- Ability to meet any government, company licensing, or qualification requirements for the position.
- Ability to obtain Plane Captain Certificate within 90 days of hire.
- Ability to obtain Ordnance qualification/certification to receive, handle, install and properly dispose of Explosive Ordnance relating to Egress systems.
Experience & Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Completion of AME "A" school or applicable military service school equivalent and T/M/S factory equivalent training curriculum.
- Two (2) or more years’ work experience directly related to Aircraft Egress.
- Two (2) or more years’ Canopy Fracturing Systems experience is preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Ability to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for extended periods throughout the day.
- Ability to climb, bend, stoop, squat, crawl, crouch, kneel, lift, carry, balance and reach above shoulder level, push or pull weight up to seventy (70) pounds.
- Ability to use eye hand coordination and manual dexterity.
- Must have close vision to include color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to hear at the normal range.
- Working conditions may range from standard shop to environment where inclement weather may subject individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc.
- May be required to work where high noise hazards prevail.
- May be required to wear protective clothing or other safety equipment.
- May be required to interpret Material Safety Data Sheets and handle hazardous materials and chemicals.
- May require the use of respirator.
- Ability to travel in support of cross-country rescues and detachments of unknown duration.