Primary Location: UNITED STATES-NEVADA-FALLON
Security Clearance: Secret
The Guard I protects property from theft or damage, or persons from hazards or interference. The primary duty is to observe and report security and emergency situations. Intervenes directly only in situations which require minimal action to safeguard property or persons.
- Carries out detailed instructions and procedures primarily oriented to ensure that emergencies and security violations are readily discovered and reported to the appropriate authority.
- Serves at a fixed post, making rounds on foot or by motor vehicle, or escorting persons or property.
- May be deputized to make arrests, and may help visitors and customers by answering questions and giving directions.
- May be required to demonstrate proficiency in the use of firearms and other special weapons and continuing physical fitness.
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to operate flight line vehicle. Good written communication and phone skills. Must know proper safety procedures concerning fuel leaks and other hazardous materials.
Experience & Education
- One (1) year experience in Security.
- Valid state driver’s license.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- This classification activity is usually accomplished in a hangar/flight line environment and as such requires the scope of physical movements and postures normally associated with hangar/flight line activities.
- May be required to lift objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50 pounds.
- Special vision abilities required to perform this job are close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
- The diversity of work conditions may range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject individual to severe changes of temperature, wind, rain, etc.
- May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- May be exposed to electrical shock hazards
- Travel is not required.