Important! This job ad is no longer active
Maintenance Repair Operations, Other
Primary Location: UNITED STATES-MARYLAND-PATUXENT RIVER
Security Clearance: Secret
- Make repairs to aircraft following orders of higher grade worker.
- Removes, cleans, reinstalls, or replaces defective parts, accessories, and components such as worn gaskets, couplings, and fittings; bad actuators, accumulators, gauges, sections of corroded fuel and oil lines, work cable pulleys, frayed spark plug cables, and burned-out landing lights, using handtools.
- Makes adjustments and settings such as cable tension and seat movement settings and adjustments.
- Obtains standard parts such as fuel and oil line connections and fittings, cable linkage, and spark plug cables and harnesses by referring to parts manuals and by making comparisons with samples.
- Services engines and aircraft components at line station making repairs, short of overhaul, required to keep aircraft in safe operating condition.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of systems related to individual specialty codes, ability to use military and company publications, drawings, blueprints, microfilm and diagrams.
- Knowledge of supply procedures.
Experience & Education
- Completion of high school and specialized training courses is desirable.
- Minimum of three (3) years actual and recent experience in the repair, modification, maintenance and overhaul of systems related to individual specialty codes.
- A & P and FCC Licenses are desirable, but are not a requirement.
- NOTE: An A & P License shall be considered equivalent to three (3) years actual and related experience.
- Personnel within this classification must be specialized in one or more of the following SCA Occupational Codes:
- 23080 Aircraft Worker
- 23070 Aircraft Worker (FS-4002a rev. 9/01/06)
Physical Requirements/Working Environment