Responsible for the safe and reliable operation of the airline. The COO is accountable for oversight and maintenance of the Operations division. In that remit the COO will need extensive operational experience to lead and ensure that the following departments are run to an excellent standard:
• Flight Operations
• Regulatory compliance
• Ground Operations
• Flight technical services
The COO is expected to develop and maintain the excellent level of operating performance through increased reliability and close working relationships with other divisions in order to maintain world-class service delivery.
He/she will be responsible for achieving improved efficiencies through the implementation of new tools and technologies and ensuring that the cost efficiency plans are driven.
• Demonstrable strength in obtaining results through a clear focus on goals and accountability, communications, and knowledge of the business.
• 15 years experience in Aviation / Airline industry
• Education to graduate level
• Previous experience as flight operations director advantageous
• At least 5 years Operational management experience with proven qualification
• Experience working within a busy international airline
• Previous post holder preferable
• Strategic thinker with a strong diagnostic mind