Primary Location: UNITED STATES-FLORIDA-MILTON
Security Clearance: NACLC
The Logistics Supervisor plans, directs, controls, coordinates and evaluates logistics management functions. Oversees the logistics requirements necessary to support operations of assigned program. Ensures timeliness and cost-effectiveness of incoming and outgoing shipments, items are appropriately marked or tagged for identification purposes, and inventory is accounted for and managed.
- Assumes responsibility of the SSA in absent of Manager
- Interacts with the accountable officer and customers on all matters concerning the Logistics Operations
- Generates work assignments, manages schedules, sets priorities, assigns daily tasks, reviews employee performance, and makes employment (hire/termination/salary adjustments) decisions.
- Plan the arrangement of all stock within the warehouse, organize special requirements and handling for certain stock assets such as controlled item codes
- Ensures compliance with procedures, integrity of property accountability to the degree to which customer requirements are satisfied, and compatibility of local supply information and inventory records.
- Supervises personnel in the inventory control and logistics sections. Schedules and conducts inventories.
- Oversees the transfers, adjustments, turn-ins, issues, receipts and controls of all property assigned to program.
- Enters data into multiple databases, conducts extensive searches for information pertaining to complex and/or unusual supply transactions and patterns, assists hand receipt holders in preparing lost/damaged statements for lost, destroyed or damaged property and discusses problems with hand receipt holders for clarification and settlements of discrepancies.
- Updates databases, retrieves data and uses data to respond to a variety of customers.
- Drafts local policies, procedures, plans and guidance for supply and services operations.
- Implements and adjusts procedures for receipt, storage, issue and document control of accountable supplies and equipment.
- Directs personnel in making decisions and recognizing problems relating to such determinations and needs for property review, detection of discrepancy caused, and adjustments, etc.
- Provides technical guidance and training to inventory control specialists. Monitors and reviews work performed.
- Investigates and reconciles discrepancies and reports those that could not be resolved to the logistics manager.
- Executes and establishes functions, including development or modification of local procedures in accordance with guidelines established by the logistics manager.
- Responsible for training, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems of direct reports.
- Performs other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Thorough knowledge of corporate policies and procedures.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft applications, general computer skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication in English.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise good judgment.
- Ability to multi task and work under time constraints.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management and ability to work independently.
- Working Knowledge of GCSS-Army
- Working knowledge of logistics/supply procedures.
- Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment.
Experience & Education
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Six (6) years progressively responsible Supply/Logistics experience required.
- Military work experience desired but not required.
- Additional experience/education may be required by contract or assignment.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Generally works in normal office environment, but may be required to travel domestically and internationally on short notice, to austere environments, under harsh living conditions
- Some positions will be assigned to overseas locations where living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable, with long hours, exposure to weather, dust, and hazardous/harsh conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds to waste level and 30 pounds to shoulder height.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.