Primary Location: UNITED STATES-VIRGINIA-VIRGINIA BEACH
Security Clearance: NACLC
Perform duties too varied and diverse to be classified in any specific office clerical occupation, requiring knowledge of office systems and procedures. Clerical duties may be assigned in accordance with the office procedures of individual establishments and may include a combination of answering telephones, bookkeeping, typing or word processing, stenography, office machine operation, and filing.
- Assists in a variety of administrative matters.
- Uses some subject-matter knowledge and judgment to complete assignments consisting of numerous steps varying in nature and sequence.
- Selects from alternative methods and refers problems not solvable by adapting or interpreting substantive guides, manuals, or procedures.
- Maintains a wide variety of financial or other records (stored both manually and electronically); verifying statistical reports for accuracy and completeness; compiling information; and handling and adjusting complaints.
- Uses a thorough knowledge of an office's work and routine to: 1) choose among widely varying methods and procedures to process complex transactions; and 2) select or devise steps necessary to complete assignments.
Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Database experience helpful.
- Operates office machinery such as personal computer, industrial scanner and copier machines.
- Works independently with good decision-making skills, including knowing when and how to elevate situations.
- Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment.
Experience & Education
- HS Diploma or Equivalent.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Work is in normal office environment.