Security Clearance: Confidential
The Administrative Specialist provides standard and advanced administrative support for assigned business area or program.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Screens telephone calls, visitors, and incoming correspondence.
- Compiles, prepares and ensures the accuracy of invoices for the department.
- Performs administrative duties such as typing, filing, faxing, wire transferring and distributing correspondence.
- Processes and maintains Personal History File (PHF) in accordance with company standards.
- Collects data and completes forms and documentation for department support.
- Processes timesheets and expense reports in a timely manner and verifies correct charge codes.
- May perform PeopleSoft HR functions for one or more sites, and may include multiple sites.
- Reviews outgoing materials and correspondence for internal consistency and conformity with established procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Excel).
- Operates office machinery such as fax and copier machines.
- Interacts professionally with all levels of employees and customers.
- Works independently with good decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of domestic and international postal and customs practices.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English at test level 3+.
Experience & Education
- High school diploma plus some advanced training.
- Three (3) or more years’ experience in the administrative field.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Works in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions.
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.