Primary Location: UNITED STATES-FLORIDA-MAYPORT
Security Clearance: Secret
The Aircraft Mechanic / QA Inspector inspects repairs and modification of aircraft structures, structural components and engines of complex to extreme difficulty.
- Plans, conducts, and supervises aircraft technical inspections.
- Maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures, structural components and engines.
- Maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components.
- Applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions.
- Applies technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation.
- Assists in the operations of the maintenance departments per the CNAFINST 4790.2 series.
- Participates in maintenance test flights and operation checks as required.
- Ensures compliance with aircraft configuration control, oil analysis Program and test measuring diagnostic equipment calibration.
- Provides lower level technicians guidance in aircraft repair and technical inspection techniques and procedures according to directives, technical manuals, work standards and operational policies.
- Prepares evaluationsPerform other qualified duties as required.
- Develops and implements quality control and ground safety programs to ensure compliance with contract specifications
- Inspects and verifies proper completion and documentation of safety and flight discrepancies
- Must be able to lead small groups independently and provide oversite updates to the program leadership.
Knowledge & Skills
- Broad working knowledge of aircraft maintenance, inspection techniques, FAA regulations, and technical publications.
- Working knowledge of aircraft safety requirements and know how to operate portable firefighting equipment.
- Ability to read, interpret, and comprehend schematic diagrams, drawings, charts, and technical publications.
- Exceptional communication skills, leadership abilities, and personnel management skills are required.
- Detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc.
- Able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
- Basic computer data entry skills required for use of maintenance and logistics databases.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Full working knowledge of the CNAFINST 4790.2 series
Experience & Education
- High School diploma.
- Six (6) or more years recent experience in relevant aircraft/systems.
- A&P License/FAA Certification preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must be able to lift/push/pull minimum of 75 pounds.
- Work may be outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft.
- Will handle dirty parts and lubricants.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, etc.
- May work in maintenance shop or outside.
- Travel between work locations may be required.