Primary Location: UNITED STATES-MARYLAND-ANDREWS AFB
Security Clearance: Secret
The Ground Support Equipment Mechanic repairs and maintains a variety of aviation ground support equipment and commercial vehicles to Original Equipment Manufacturers specifications with minimum supervision.
- Inspect, repair and maintain assigned AGE, used to support the transportation of Cabinet Members, and other high-ranking national and international dignitaries.
- Use maintenance instructions and technical data in the inspection, maintenance, and repair of assigned ground equipment.
- Enter required data on maintenance forms. Maintains hand and powered tools in an orderly manner.
- Complete maintenance data Forms and makes Core Automated Maintenance System (Cams) inputs.
- Assist in the training and direction of assigned personnel.
- Practice good housekeeping, tool control, FOD awareness/prevention and safety at all times.
- Must be able to work day shift, swing shift, night shift or weekend shift as required.
- Receive cross-utilization training and is qualified to perform maintenance tasks associated with other classifications.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- A working knowledge of powered AGE repair procedures is required
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Duties may involve working with fuels, oils, lubricants, and chemical cleaner and solutions.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance and flightline driver’s license.
Experience & Education
- High school diploma or the equivalent is required.
- Specialized courses in powered AGE maintenance are required.
- Two years recent experience as a powered AGE mechanic or equivalent in powered AGE maintenance is required.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for extended periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- Must be able to type using a standard keyboard to communicate through e-mail and various software applications.
- Will handle dirty parts and lubricants.
- Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to pass a Respirator Physical and Fit Test qualification.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, etc.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull minimum of 50 pounds.
- May work in normal office environment, maintenance shop or outside.
- Must be able to work in a shop where the environment is drafty, noisy, and dirty.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from operating equipment.
- May be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts or vehicles.
- May require travel including TDY.