Sheet Metal / Mechanical Technicians – Bloomfield, CT
HQ Aero is currently recruiting for Sheet Metal/Mechanical Technicians for openings in Bloomfield, CT.
This is a DIRECT HIRE position.
- Assesses maintenance/repair requirements for airframe components and assemblies using technical manuals, service bulletins and other approved data.
- Provides technical information to engineers for development of repairs outside of approved data scope when required.
- Performs approved repair operations to structures including sheet metal and mechanical components.
- Repairs mechanical assemblies (occasional only)
- Documents maintenance/repair actions per company and FAA requirements.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment.
HQ Aero provides guaranteed HASSLE FREE weekly payroll, along with direct deposit on first pay, per diem for eligible applicants, and payroll advances. Additional benefits offered to HQ Aero Technicians: Travel pay and longevity bonuses offered on majority of our contract assignments. Referral bonus is also offered to all of our technicians.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with aircraft structures.
- Must own and be skilled in the use of structures hand tools related to the responsibilities described above.
- Must be well versed in the use of production and repair related prints/drawings.
- Ability to read precision measuring tools and instruments.
- Working knowledge of FAA regulations, their interpretation and application.
- Intermediate level computer skills including basic use of MS Outlook (or other e-mail application),
- Word and Excel preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical subject matter both orally and in writing.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant certification a plus.
- Criminal Background Check required.
- Compliant to FAA Drug and Alcohol screening and background checks mandatory.