Important! This job ad is no longer active
Maintenance Repair Operations, Unlicensed Mechanic / Technician
Primary Location: UNITED STATES-CALIFORNIA-MIRAMAR NAVAL AIR STA.
Security Clearance: NACLC
- Inspects, evaluates and repairs aircraft flight surfaces, structure, fuel tanks, survival equipment and wheel & tire assemblies for assigned and transient aircraft and support equipment.
- Operates all associated ground support equipment and uses hand tools, special tools, fixtures and adhesives applicable to return aircraft to operational condition.
- Evaluates, designs, and manufactures logistics improvement projects for Special Air Mission Aircraft.
- Researches technical data and manufactures structural components, cables, and maintenance, and repair of assigned aircraft and associated equipment.
- Uses maintenance drawings and blueprints to accomplish repairs on assigned equipment.
- Perform aircraft and equipment corrosion inspections.
- Remove and treat corrosion, and apply protective coatings on aircraft and support equipment.
- Inspect, repair, overhaul and modify fuel systems equipment and fuel cells.
- Inspect, repair and repack emergency life rafts, life preservers, and escape slides.
- Perform shop and flightline maintenance ensuring aircraft structural integrity.
- Coordinates maintenance efforts with the Maintenance Aircraft Coordination Center and Production Supervisors.
- Documents discrepancies in applicable forms.
- Uses Core Automated Maintenance System (CAMS) computers.
- Ensures compliance with applicable safety, housekeeping, tool control, and FOD prevention programs.
- Must be able to work day shift, swing shift, night shift, and/or weekend shift as required.
- Receives cross-utilization training to perform maintenance tasks associated with welding and machining.
- Shall perform other duties as may be assigned, to include TDY and travel.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must have a working knowledge of aircraft repair procedures for surfaces, structure, fuel cell or wheel & tire assemblies.
- A working knowledge of corrosion control techniques and base, federal and Company procedures for handling and disposal of hazardous waste materials is required.
Experience & Education
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- The ability to read and interpret data is required.
- Completion of specialized courses in aircraft structural repair is required.
- An FAA Airframe Certificate and or Repairman’s Certificate may be required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance and Government flightline driver’s license.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Occasional lifting of objects weighing up to 50 pounds is required.