Primary Location: UNITED STATES-FLORIDA-MAYPORT
Security Clearance: Secret
In addition to secretarial duties (filing, taking phone calls, scheduling appointments, making travel arrangements), the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to executive staff with office management responsibilities to include budgeting, personnel records and payroll.
- Provides administrative support to executive staff with office management responsibilities to include budgeting, personnel records and payroll.
- May be required to work independently on projects requiring research and preparation of briefing charts and other presentation materials.
- Maintains a close and highly responsive relationship to the day-to-day activities of the supervisor and staff.
- Works fairly independently receiving a minimum of detailed supervision and guidance.
- Performs various clerical and secretarial duties requiring knowledge of office routine and an understanding of the organization, programs, and procedures related to the work of the office. Computers may exist in the environment, requiring working knowledge of certain office software programs.
- Handles differing situations, problems, and deviations in the work of the office according to the supervisor's general instructions, priorities, duties, policies, and program goals.
- Screen telephone calls, visitors, and incoming correspondence; personally respond to requests for information concerning office procedures; determine which requests should be handled by the supervisor, appropriate staff member or other offices, prepare and sign routine non-technical correspondence in own or supervisor's name.
- Schedule tentative appointments without prior clearance. Make arrangements for conferences and meetings and assemble established background materials as directed. May attend meetings and record and report on the proceedings.
- Review outgoing materials and correspondence for internal consistency and conformance with supervisor's procedures; assure that proper clearances have been obtained, when needed.
- Collect information from the files or staff for routine inquiries on office program(s) or periodic reports, and refer non-routine requests to supervisor or staff.
- Explain to subordinate staff supervisor's requirements concerning office procedures, coordinate personnel.
- Perform other duties as requested
Knowledge & Skills
- These are SCA jobs and will vary accordingly by assignment within and across contracts.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Excel)
- Types 50-60 words per minute
- Operates office machinery such as fax and copier machines.
- Knowledge of domestic and international postal and customs practices.
- Works independently with good decision-making skills.
- Interacts professionally with all levels of employees and customers.
Experience & Education
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- Generally 3-5 years previous secretarial experience.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Works in a normal office setting with controlled lighting.