Primary Location: UNITED STATES-FLORIDA-MAYPORT
Security Clearance: Secret
The Aircraft Maintenance Manager provides daily oversight of all functional and operational activities in maintenance of facilities, equipment and machinery. Ensures all maintenance functions are conducted in accordance with appropriate safety directives, standard operating procedures, and technical manuals.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract)
- Ensure maximum efficient operations of facilities, equipment and machinery through the direction of a technical support staff.
- Coordinate the flow of maintenance and supervise maintenance status reporting.
- Recommend equipment modification for upgrades.
- Develop and maintain preventative maintenance programs
- Assign and coordinate the work of maintenance staff and vendors.
- Review and implement all mechanical specifications and manuals for current operations.
- Coordinate specifications and procurement of capital expenditures.
- Responsible for installation of equipment, preventative maintenance, and facility/equipment repair to support manufacturing.
- Establish and track progress toward meeting the goals and objectives of process improvement procedures.
- Ensure all direct reports and maintenance employees receive job and safety training. Recommend and initiate personnel actions.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong electric and mechanical knowledge, including, but not limited to, an understanding of hydraulic circuits, building systems and a working knowledge of personal computers.
- Extensive technical knowledge of machinery, facilities and equipment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude in order to offer technical direction in all maintenance areas.
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with personnel at all organizational levels.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in an associated discipline. Two (2) years experience in related field may be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college.
- Minimum ten (10) or more years progressively responsible experience.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Ability to work under pressure and continuously meet deadlines.
- Ability to lift heavy objects.
- Experience on MH-60R helicopter is strongly preferred.
- Must be familiar with CNAFINST 4790.2 series.