Primary Location: UNITED STATES-CALIFORNIA-POINT MUGU
Security Clearance: Secret
The Avionics Technician (Senior) is required to perform organizational level maintenance on assigned aircraft under contract to DynCorp International, LLC (DI), PT Mugu, CA.
- Maintain, test, adjust, service, inspect, repair or replace to specification on assigned aircraft, all communications, navigation and radar systems.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, isolate and correct system malfunction (s).
- Ensure all maintenance actions are performed in accordance with government and OSHA safety standards.
- Perform preventative maintenance duties as determined by written and verbal instructions.
- Shall interact with other groups/personnel within and outside of the department to resolve related problems.
- Comply with all applicable sections of the CNAFINST 4790.2, NAVAIRINST 3710.1 series, OSHA and DI Local Site Procedures pertaining to aircraft maintenance.
- Ensure work areas are kept clean and free of FOD.
- Maintain required logs and records.
- Comply with all OSHA and DI safety rules and regulations.
- Perform related duties as assigned, including any and all duties of lower rated technical personnel within their classification.
- Assist other shops/skills as required.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- May work in aircraft maintenance hangar or outside.
- May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to see aircraft in flight, read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
- Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, etc.
Knowledge & Skills
- Have in depth knowledge of assigned aircraft, avionics systems and related components.
- Required to be qualified on and work with ground support equipment, special calibration equipment, special tools and all related maintenance manuals, maintenance requirements cards, parts breakdown manuals, technical directives, diagrams, schematics, blueprints and drawings that pertain to your specified field.
- Qualify to operate support equipment (SE) for flight line operations.
- Have a thorough knowledge of flight line operations and procedures.
- Position requires thorough knowledge of flight line operations procedures.
Experience & Education
- Shall have a minimum 5 years T/M required/series preferred aircraft maintenance experience for the T/M/S aircraft hired to maintain. Shall have T/M required /series preferred aircraft maintenance experience for the T/M/S aircraft hired to maintain within the last 2 years.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license and be eligible to qualify for and able to maintain a secret level clearance.
- Must be a U.S. citizen