Primary Location: UNITED STATES-CALIFORNIA-POINT MUGU
Security Clearance: Secret
Performs administrative and clerical duties using computer, typewriter and other associated equipment. Maintains aircraft records in accordance with OPNAV 4790.2 series and applicable contractual requirements to provide accurate aircraft inventories, scheduled maintenance information and configuration.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Maintains and transcribes required data in aircraft / engine log books and associated records.
- Maintains maintenance and aircraft related files of correspondence, directives, reports and records.
- Prepares typed and / or computer printed correspondence and reports.
- Processes readiness documents, administer the aircraft configuration status accounting program and verify aircraft utilization reports.
- Monitors aircraft configuration status, weight and balance and aircraft inventory data for accuracy.
- Initiates and distributes applicable maintenance forms in accordance with established procedures.
- Assists in preparation of CDRL’s.
- Assists in preparation of the Monthly Maintenance Plan
- Files completed maintenance documents.
- May be required to maintain work-center technical publication annex library.
- Provides technical assistance, guidance and instruction as required.
- Complies with Foreign Object Damage (FOD), Hazardous Waste and Tool Control Programs.
- Complies with all established general and industrial Safety rules and regulations as applicable to the contract, facility and job assignment.
Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of aircraft log books, maintenance records, applicable maintenance / technical manuals, publications and forms.
- Demonstrate a high degree of knowledge in computer operation and keypunch skills.
- Must be able to type a minimum of thirty-five (35) words per minute.
- Must be able to read, write, understand, and communicate the English language and follow verbal and written instruction.
Experience & Education
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Must have four (4) years general experience in maintaining aircraft logbooks / aeronautical equipment service records and associated logs.
- Satisfactory completion of U.S. Armed Forces Logs and Records courses or other civilian schools with equivalent curriculum or two (2) years of on the job training and / or experience required.
- Must be able to meet any Government / Company licensing / qualification requirements for the position.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Generally works in normal office environment, but may be required to travel domestically and internationally on short notice, to austere environments, under harsh living conditions
- Travel may be required.