Primary Location: SAUDI ARABIA-OCONUS
Security Clearance: None
The AH-64 D/E Maintenance Test Pilot/Examiner assists in the aviation maintenance mission of the Royal Saudi Land Forces Aviation Command (RSLFAC).
- Performs operational ground checks and functional test flights of AH-64 D/E and other aircraft in which qualified.
- Determines, in accordance with US Army publications and procedures, the airworthiness of aircraft prior to release for flight.
- Performs troubleshooting procedures of aircraft on the ground and during flight, and makes appropriate write-ups or gives verbal instructions to correct deficiencies.
- Performs recovery flights and ferries aircraft in which qualified when required.
- Maintains flight proficiency in the AH-64 D/E, and other aircraft assigned and qualified in, as necessary, and complies with FAA and local, in-Kingdom flight regulations and safety procedures.
- Verifies forms and records used in the performance of maintenance to ensure they comply with work performed prior to ground or flight check.
- Provides On-the-Job Training (OJT) to Saudi maintenance test pilots to include maintaining appropriate documentation of such training.
- Performs maintenance test pilot flight evaluations in the AH-64 D/E and other aircraft in which qualified.
- Performs other qualified duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must have an understanding of The Army Maintenance Management System (TAMMS) and applicable Army publications.
- Must have demonstrated communication skills, both oral and written. Must be fluent in the English language.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand Arabic is desirable.
- Must be able to obtain a valid light equipment operator’s license.
- Must be able to obtain a secret security clearance.
Experience & Education
- High school diploma required. Associates degree preferred.
- Must hold a valid and current FAA commercial pilot certification, with rotorcraft- helicopter and instrument helicopter rating, and a current FAA Class II medical certificate or equivalent medical certificate acceptable to RSLFAC.
- Must be a graduate of the US Army AH-64 D/E Maintenance Test Pilot Course (15G), and a minimum of five (5) years of operational maintenance test pilot experience, of which two (2) years have been in an AH-64 D/E. Recent experience (within four (4) years of application date) as an AH-64 D/E maintenance test pilot is required.
- Graduation from an Army Helicopter Instructor Pilot Course is preferred, with a minimum of 200 hours of Instructor Pilot time logged.
- Must have a minimum of 400 flight hours in the AH-64 D/E of which 200 hours must be logged as a Maintenance Test Pilot. Must demonstrate the knowledge and physical ability to perform all ground and flight maneuvers/procedures in the AH-64 Maintenance Test Flight manual.
- Must have been on unit orders for a minimum of one year as a Maintenance Test Flight Examiner (MTFE), with at least 100 hours logged as an MTFE.
- Flight experience with the AH-64 D/E during Middle East region conflicts or previous maintenance pilot experience in Saudi Arabia is desired.
- One year experience as an Instructor Pilot is desired and he may be required to perform as an Instructor Pilot as required by the Saudi Functional Supervisor or RSLFAC Commander.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.