Primary Location: UNITED STATES-TEXAS-CORPUS CHRISTI
Security Clearance: CNACI
The Supply Technician performs a variety of technical supply management work (e.g., inventory management, storage management, cataloging, issuing parts, shipping, and property utilization) at the site level for Contract Operated and Managed Base Supply contracts.
- Coordinate and expedites flow of material, parts, and assemblies supporting Site COMBS maintenance requirements in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Review production schedules and confers with Program Resource Manager, Site Supervisor, and Lead Mechanics to determine parts required or overdue and to locate parts.
- Manage material and component inventory at Site, and processes and expedites supply transactions to insure timely repair and receipt of required items.
- Assist maintenance technicians in the research of parts requests, and performs research/validation to backorder non-filled issue requests.
- Arrange movement of parts or material between site and other locations as directed by home office or site supervisor.
- Verify the accuracy of incoming/outgoing shipments by comparing items with manifests and other shipping documents, checks for damaged items, insures items are properly identified in inventory or for distribution to appropriate maintenance activity, and prepares and keeps records of goods received/shipped.
- Obtain, use, handle, and dispose of hazardous materials in accordance with existing MSDS, applicable state and federal guidelines, customer directives and company policies.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Working knowledge (aircraft/vehicle movement and safety/hazards) of flight line operations.
- Ability to become proficient in use of company’s automated maintenance management system and other supply support software within 60 days of starting on-the-job training.
- Working knowledge of common aircraft hand and special tools.
- Ability to work dayshift, nightshift, overtime, or weekend duty, and overtime, and travel as part of a maintenance recovery team or deployed maintenance team as required.
- Working knowledge of aircraft safety directives.
- Ability to deal with customers and company employees in a courteous, professional and effective manner.
- Able to conduct specialty on the job training
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
Experience & Education
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Two (2) or more years’ hands-on material coordinator, material expediter, or supply technician experience.
- Completion of a military supply technician technical school is preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- May work in Aircraft maintenance hangar or warehouse.
- May require lifting of objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50lbs.
- May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail and are exposed to fumes or airborne particles and electrical shock hazards.
- May be required to work in protective equipment that increases heat stress and limits mobility.
- Work conditions may range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in weather (temperature, wind, rain, etc.).
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally