Primary Location: UNITED STATES-TEXAS-CORPUS CHRISTI
Security Clearance: NACLC
The Aircraft Washer washes aircraft and aircraft components as required utilizing a high-pressure wash system. Performs pre/post wash lubrication of aircraft.
- Install and remove protective covers. Move aircraft utilizing towing equipment.
- Operate ground support equipment.
- Operate portable firefighting equipment.
- Assist in the movement of aircraft.
- Prepare aircraft for washing by ensuring vent areas are taped and all protective covers are in place.
- Wash and rinse external and internal surface of aircraft and aircraft components to remove grease, dirt, oil fungus and stains.
- Use and maintain high-pressure wash system.
- Polish and clean windscreens / canopies with water, polishing / cleansing compounds and cloth.
- Perform pre / post wash aircraft lubrication utilizing established procedures.
- Comply with Foreign Object Damage (FOD), Hazardous Waste, and Tool Control programs.
- Comply with all established general and industrial safety rules and regulations as applicable to the contract, facility and job assignment.
- Obtain and maintain required government / company owned Ground Support Equipment licenses while assigned as an Aircraft Washer.
- Utilize two-way communication equipment as required.
- Perform other qualified duties as required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Familiar with normal operational safety requirements, working on and around aircraft and ground support equipment.
- Able to read, write, understand, and communicate the English language and follow verbal and written instruction.
- Capable of comprehending written and oral instructions for the use of aircraft cleaning equipment.
Experience & Education
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Three (3) or more months aviation maintenance and/or flight line experience is required.
- Must be able to meet any Government / Company licensing / qualification requirements.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Requires sitting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires frequent climbing, bending, stooping, squatting, crawling, crouching, kneeling, lifting, carrying, balancing and reaching above shoulder level, pushing or pulling weight up to 70 pounds.
- Requires eye hand coordination and manual dexterity.
- Must have close vision to include color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Requires hearing to the normal range.
- May require the use of respirator.
- Requires shift work and a diversity of working conditions that may range from standard shop type environment where there may be no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject individual to severe changes in temperature, direct sunlight, wind, rain, etc.
- May be required to work where high noise hazards prevail.
- Will be required to wear protective clothing and other safety equipment during periods of extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- Exposure to high intensity noise levels, extreme changes in temperature, materials identified on the Material Safety Data Sheets; working on or around aircraft and machinery.
- Aircraft flight line, hangars and maintenance shops.
- Must be able to physically operate aircraft ground servicing equipment including vehicles, tugs, tractors, and high pressure soap and water systems.
- No travel required