Primary Location: SAUDI ARABIA-OCONUS
Security Clearance: None
The Technical Inspector (67S3F-15S3F, 406CS-OH-58D) will assist in the aviation maintenance mission of the Royal Saudi Land Forces Aviation Command (RSLFAC).
- Responsible for quality control technical inspection of aircraft components, parts, and systems (including avionics, electrical, instrument, armament systems and subsystems) of the 406CS/ OH-58D helicopter at both the AVUM and AVIM levels.
- Perform quality and safety inspections of on-site equipment and tools used in aircraft maintenance.
- Responsible for in-progress and final quality control technical inspections during maintenance, repair, modification, rework and overhaul of 406CS/OH-58D aircraft, its components, and component parts.
- Perform special aircraft and component technical inspections and non-destructive testing as required.
- Provide back-up quality control inspection of the UH-60 and AH-64 series helicopters at the AVUM/AVIM levels if qualified and required.
- Provide technical guidance, instruction, and interpretation of written instructions and procedures to aircraft technicians to ensure high quality work. Provide On-the-Job-Training (OJT) for Saudi technicians and/or TCN personnel to include maintaining appropriate records on personnel such as Job Performance Guides (JPGs).
- Inspect and correct maintenance forms and records used in the performance of maintenance work to verify compliance with appropriate reference and other publications of The Army Maintenance Management System (TAMMS).
- Maintain cleanliness and general maintenance of the associated work area. Perform cleaning, preservation, and operational maintenance work on assigned vehicles, tools, and equipment.
- Operate motor vehicles, machines, and other mechanical equipment in the performance of assigned duties.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Must have demonstrated a knowledge of the 406CS (OH-58D) systems (to include fire control, HELITOW, 2.75" rockets and .50 caliber gun pod), with proven ability to perform AVUM and AVIM technical inspection functions as described.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to use all measuring, test, and diagnostic equipment for the 406CS/OH-58D minus the mast-mounted sight), as well as be certified to perform non-destructive inspections.
- It is desired that the incumbent have knowledge of the UH-60 series helicopter systems, with the proven ability to perform AVUM and AVIM technical inspections of those systems.
- Must have demonstrated communication skills, both oral and written. Must be fluent in the English language.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand Arabic is desirable.
- Must be capable of obtaining a valid light equipment operator’s license.
Experience & Education
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma.
- A current Airframe and Power Plant (A&P) license is desired.
- Must be a graduate of the US Army Technical Inspector producing 67S30 or equivalent course, with a minimum of three (3) years of recent (within three (4) years of application date) aviation maintenance experience, of which two (2) years must be as an OH-58D technical inspector.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must be able to lift/push/pull minimum of 25 pounds