Primary Location: UNITED STATES-TEXAS-CORPUS CHRISTI
The Warehouse Specialist will receive, store and issue compressed gas and supplies to installation customers. Receive, verify, store, issue, ship, and dispose of radioactive material, HAZMAT, and sensitive/special control items.
- Process stockage items into SARSS; assign storage locations, and process receipts.
- Assist with sensitive-items inventory, perform closeout of SARSS generated MROs (1348s’), obtain daily printout of customer pickups and match against actual items received.
- Accept turn-ins from divisional, non-divisional SSA, and garrison activities for Class II, III (P), IV, VII, and IX.
- Redirect turn-ins to DRMO after verifying condition code.
- Assist processing of QDRs and coordinate QDR for credit processing and reshipment of item(s) to appropriate COE for repair.
- Submit request for Inventory Adjustment for misidentified items.
- Validate that actions processing in SARSS1 have posted to permanent document history.
- Receive process, inspect, document, stage, secure, and load and unload supplies.
- Attach MSDS to HAZMAT shipments as required by standard operating procedures.
- Identify mis-consigned or shipments received without proper documentation.
- Operate forklifts, 2.5 ton cargo truck as assigned to Installation Supply Division in the processing of all classes of supply.
- Use (AMS) Army Manifest System for incoming cargo/receive and process all FEDEX /UPS deliveries with 24 hrs.
- Receive locate and notify customers for items to be picked-up for warehouse location.
- Maintain signature card file for all authorized customers.
- Research ILAP and other automated systems for proper identification.
- Complete the NAC background check and obtain computer access.
- Clean surrounding areas and ensure that the section is kept safe at all times.
- Position may be required to work in other areas.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- G-ARMY Knowledge preferred
- Ability to qualify and obtain a government operators permit for a forklift/storage retrievable transporter operator license.
- Must be able to obtain computer access for position (NAC background check required).
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving duties as they pertain to material storage and distribution activities.
- Ability to perform work of the craft in a rapid and efficient manner under extreme conditions.
- Ability to perform work safely under hazardous conditions.
Experience & Education
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to qualify and obtain a state driver’s license.
- A minimum of 5 years of supply/warehouse experience.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Candidate filling position will require a National Agency Background Check.
- Forklift Operator’sSRT license required.
- Previous SARSS experience.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Work is performed in a warehouse.
- Safety shoes andor gear will be worn.
- May require lifting items weighting 10-45 lbs.