1. Basic Function and Scope:
Participates in the repair, inspection, overhaul and maintenance of navigation, communication, Radar and video/ audio and equipments in the workshop. Certifies completed work within the limits of his certification authority.
2. Tasks and Duties :
a. Performs visual inspection of unserviceable items to check for external damage and suitability for repair.
b. Carries out the rectification, repair, maintenance and overhaul of unserviceable items, ensuring that the work is carried out according to established engineering procedures and approved Quality Control (QC) standards. When a particularly complex problem arises assistance from the assigned supervisor or Engineer I and II should be provided to carry out the necessary work.
- Certifies, within the limit of approval when obtained, the serviceable items label after the necessary work has been completed.
- Prepares the inspection reports for the work carried out, ensures that relevant
Information is updated in the Maxi-Merlin system.
- Checks test equipment daily to ensure its continuing serviceability, calibration validity and that it is kept in a clean condition.
- Ensures that overhaul and maintenance manuals are kept up to date with amendments received from vendors.
- Flexibility to work in odd hours when needed.
- Carries out other similar or related duties as required.
3 Work Contacts :
Occasional contacts with Stores for withdrawal of components, tools, supplies etc.
4. Independence of Operation :
Works according to established procedures and approved Quality Control and airworthiness standards. Updates supervisor on progress of work.
5. Supervisory Responsibility :
6. Physical Effort :
Standing and walking 50%. Sitting on work station 50%.
7. Work Environment:
Air-conditioned & non-air-conditioned environment .Exposure to heat, chemical, noise radiation and fumes.
a. Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
b. 2 years aircraft maintenance experience on radio navigation, communication and radar equipment (civel aircraft)
c. Good knowledge of English