The Corrosion Control Helper provides chemical cleaning and paint preparation support for engine/components/support equipment at the highest quality and safety standards in accordance with applicable technical directives.
- Utilize chemicals, soaps, brushes, scrubbing pads, scrapers and other appropriate tooling to remove oil, dirt and carbon buildup on engine parts and support equipment.
- Perform required equipment inspections and maintain/operate shop equipment.
- Perform masking of engine parts, components, and AGE/Support equipment prior to painting.
- Comply with all applicable contractual programs and regulations; i.e., tools, safety, security, HAZMAT, support equipment, housekeeping and FOD prevention programs.
- Apply metal-protectant solvents to prevent corrosion.
- Store and monitor unused chemicals in appropriate storage area.
- Replenish/replace chemicals as required.
- Dispose of hazardous waste in accordance with DOD and Environmental Regulations.
- Must ensure all applicable PPE is worn as required.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
- Working knowledge of cleaning methods.
- Ability to be respirator qualified.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand American English.
- Capable of attaining fork lift license within 60 days.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to maintain required Security Clearance.
Experience & Education
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- One (1) or more years of experience in engine corrosion control is desired.
- Prior experience working on assigned engines and components is highly desired.
- A valid Texas vehicle operator’s license is required.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Night work may be required.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds
- No travel required
Must pass a Laughlin background check and maintain a security clearance.