Primary Location: UNITED STATES-TEXAS-CORPUS CHRISTI
Performs various routine duties pertaining to requisitioning, ordering, shipping, issuing, and controlling materials, parts, and tools. Provides hand tools, shop supplies and equipment support for the maintenance complex.
- Receives, stores and issues hand tools, replacement tools, shop supplies and equipment.
- Keeps records of tools issued to and returned by workers.
- Searches for lost or misplaced tools and notifies supervision as required.
- Prepares inventory and requisitions stock as needed.
- Unpacks and stores new equipment.
- Visually inspects tools for wear and defects and will order replacement tools as necessary.
- Attach identification tags or engrave identifying information on tools and equipment as needed.
- Assists Repair Cycle Specialist (RCS) in maintaining inventories on parts, tools and equipment.
- Assists RCS with the ordering of tools, parts, and equipment within the control of the tool room facility.
- Handles and disposes of hazardous materials IAW MSDS and applicable state and federal guidelines.
- Maintains technical order files, E-Tools, bench stock, shop stock, CTKs, and hazardous waste areas.
- Practices good housekeeping, tool control, FOD awareness/prevention, and safety at all times.
- Shall assist other personnel and work centers as directed.
- Follows technical data, manuals, regulations, and other maintenance directives as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- A working knowledge of general hand tools, their applications, and the ability to read AFIs, tech orders, manuals, and regulations.
- A working knowledge of computer terminal operation is required.
Experience & Education
- Completion of high school or the equivalent is required. Must be able to read, write, and comprehend technical instructions.
- Computer skills are required.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license is required. Possession of a valid driver’s license is necessary to obtain flight line driving privileges.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- May work in Aircraft maintenance hangar or outside.
- May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft.
- Must be able to lift a minimum weight of 50 lbs and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Normal color vision is required.