Primary Location: UNITED STATES-FLORIDA-MILTON
The Intermediate Maintenance Production Control Clerk performs administrative and clerical duties using computer, typewriter and other associated equipment in the intermediate maintenance department. Processes, screens and maintains aircraft maintenance records. Provides technical assistance, guidance and instruction to employees in regard to maintenance documentation. Utilize NALCOMIS OOMA/IMA to document maintenance actions.
- Receives and inducts repairable components into the repair cycle.
- Completes applicable maintenance forms in accordance with established procedures and screens for accuracy.
- Orders and receives parts, supplies and materials for all Intermediate Maintenance work centers, includes ordering office supplies.
- Maintains Intermediate Maintenance work center roster and tool inventory lists, and establishes and maintains Job Control Number (JCN) logs for intermediate maintenance work requests.
- Performs computer data entry and provide reports as required in a timely manner for all division personnel. Examples of data entry performed include but are not limited too; initiating/completing NALCOMIS Work Orders and Work Requests.
- May be required to maintain work center technical publication annex library.
- Presents a courteous and professional demeanor when dealing with customers.
- Complies with Foreign Object Damage (FOD), Hazardous Waste and Tool Control Programs.
- Complies with all established general and industrial Safety rules and regulations as applicable to the contract, facility and job assignment.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must have a basic working knowledge of Naval Aircraft Maintenance Programs, terminology and aircraft systems and a good working knowledge of computer programs, to include but not limited to, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Familiar with use of e-mail and the World Wide Web.
- Must be able to read, write, understand, and communicate the English language and follow verbal and written instruction.
- Must have a good working knowledge of aircraft maintenance and practices as well as administrative abilities.
- Must be able to type a minimum of thirty-five (35) words per minute.
- NALCOMIS OOMA experience desired but not required.
- Operate Computers, computer peripheral equipment, typewriter, copy machines, Fax machine, labeling equipment and other related equipment.
Education & Experience
- Satisfactory completion of U.S. Armed Forces aviation clerical courses or other schools with equivalent curriculum or two (2) year of on the job training and / or experience required.
- Graduation from high school or GED required.
- Must be able to meet any Government / Company licensing / qualification requirements for the position.
- Must have two (2) years of aviation clerical experience.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Normal administrative duties with occasional kneeling, stooping and bending is required.
- Requires sitting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires lifting, carrying, balancing and reaching above shoulder level, pushing or pulling weight up to 50 pounds.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity.
- Must have close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Requires hearing to normal range.
- Administrative office environment with minimum exposure to noise hazards.
- May be required to handle hazardous materials.
- Exposure to prolonged periods of sitting, standing and keyboard input.
- Possible exposure to hazardous material identified on Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Possible exposure to electrical shock.
- Office spaces, maintenance shop spaces, hangar and flight line.
- May require travel n support of detachments of unknown duration.