Primary Location: SAUDI ARABIA-OCONUS
The Maintenance Test Pilot UH-60 A/L is responsible for performing test flights and demonstrating aircraft proficiency upon completion of aircraft maintenance or modification on UH-60A/L, helicopters.
- Interpret meteorological data as it pertains to filing a flight plan for the navigational course of flight needed for a mission or sortie, has to
- File a flight plan for all flights using flight enroute/letdown charts and plotting maps and any other authorized navigational processes.
- Compute weight and balance logs for the aircraft being flown.
- Operate navigational and communications equipment installed on the aircraft being flown.
- Perform test flights.
- Must initiate and complete all military flight or maintenance forms as directed by Military Regulations to document maintenance test flight discrepancies.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Maintain all Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) credentials as a fully licensed pilot. Credentials must support authorization to pilot the type of aircraft designated in the Basic Contract Task Order.
- Knowledge required to interpret meteorological data as it pertains to filing a flight plan to include using flight enroute/letdown charts and plotting maps and any other authorized navigational processes.
- Knowledge to compute weight and balance logs for the aircraft being flown.
- Working knowledge for operating navigational and communications equipment installed on the aircraft being flown.
- Proof of passing flight proficiency examinations by the FAA or military authorized examination agency.
- Proven knowledge of all bold face safety requirements for compliance of any in-flight/ground emergencies encountered.
- Must also be familiar with requirements of Flight Manual 1-300, Army Regulation 95-1 and Army Regulation 95-20.
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a U.S. passport and/or a U.S. Secret Clearance (National Agency Check with written Inquires NACI or Single as well as a Scope Background Investigation SSBI).
Experience & Education
- Must have a minimum of five years experience in maintenance test flight operations of military tactical aircraft weapons systems.
- FAA Commercial Pilot’s License required for the type of aircraft being flown, as well as all other qualifying experience consistent with AR 95-20 requirements.
- BA, BS or BBA degree or ten years related experience required. Certification of education level is required.
- Graduate of U.S. military rotary wing flight training program or equivalent and the appropriate Maintenance Test Pilot Course for the aircraft being flown.
- Qualified and current in both UH-60A/L and UH-60M aircraft desired.
- FAA credentials as a fully licensed pilot. Credentials must support authorization to pilot the type of aircraft designated in the Basic Contract Task Order.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must meet the flight time and physical requirements to pilot the designated type of aircraft in accordance with FAA and U.S. Military minimum requirements
- Is required to climb, stand, stoop, bend, stretch, crouch and work in tiring and uncomfortable position.
- Frequently lifts parts and equipment up to 20 pounds.
- Occasionally lifts objects up to 50 pounds.
- Most heavy lifting is accomplished through the use of mechanical devices.
- As required in support of task order.