Primary Location: UNITED STATES-FLORIDA-MILTON
Performs administrative and clerical duties using; computer, typewriter and other associated equipment. Processes, screens and maintains aircraft maintenance records. Provides technical assistance, guidance and instruction to employees in regard to maintenance documentation.
- Completes applicable maintenance forms IAW established procedures and screens for accuracy.
- Maintains work center personnel roster list.
- Maintains and verifies NALCOMIS – VIDs/MAFs with COMBS Material Control, Aircraft Discrepancy Books (ADB) weight and balance forms and work centers IAW established procedures.
- Files completed maintenance documentation.
- Prepares typed and/or computer generated correspondence reports.
- Assigns Job Control Numbers (JCN) to scheduled maintenance forms.
- Initiates and/or distributes applicable maintenance forms IAW established procedures.
- May be required to maintain work center Technical Publications annex library, as required.
- Maintains cleanliness of work center.
- Deals with the customer in a courteous, professional and effective manner.
- Complies with FOD, hazardous waste and tool control programs.
- Complies with all established general and industrial safety rules and regulations as applicable to contract, facility, and job assignment.
- Assists as directed to ensure safety, security, and preservation of government/company owned equipment.
- Initiates and maintains scheduled/unscheduled aircraft work orders (NALCOMIS or VIDS/MAFs), recurring, conditional, remove and reinstall inspections and work requests for off-site services.
- Assigns work unit codes and project/priority codes to work orders as required.
- Runs reports and data base queries based on aircraft hours, work center and material requirements as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of aircraft maintenance records, applicable maintenance / technical manuals, publications and forms.
- NALCOMIS OOMA experience desired but not required.
- Demonstrate a high degree of knowledge in computer operation and keypunch skills.
- Must be able to type a minimum of thirty-five (35) words per minute.
- Must be able to read, write, understand, and communicate the English language and follow verbal and written instruction.
Experience & Education
- Must have two (2) years of aviation clerical experience.
- Satisfactory completion of U.S. Armed Forces aviation clerical courses or other schools with equivalent curriculum or two (2) year of on the job training and / or experience required.
- Graduation from high school or GED required.
- Must be able to meet any Government / Company licensing / qualification requirements for the position.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Computers, computer peripheral equipment, copy machine and labeling equipment.
- Administrative duties that may require occasional kneeling, standing, stooping and bending are required.
- Required lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must have close vision to include color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Requires hearing to normal range.
- Primarily working in an office environment with minimum exposure to noise hazards.
- May be required to handle hazardous materials.
- Exposure to prolonged periods of sitting, standing, and keyboard input.
- Possible exposure to hazardous material identified on the Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Possible exposure to electrical shock.
- Office spaces, maintenance shop spaces, hangar and flight line.
- May require travel in support of detachments of unknown duration.