Primary Location: UNITED STATES-MARYLAND-NAVAL AIR STATION PAT
Performs organizational level aviation life support system maintenance on aircraft assigned.
- Perform organization level ALSS maintenance on aircraft assigned under contract to DynCorp, Patuxent River, MD.
- Utilize all maintenance manuals, maintenance requirement cards, and work from related schematics, diagrams, drawings, technical directives, maintenance/servicing instructions and operational written procedures.
- Operates, maintains, troubleshoots, removes and replaces associated parts and components on a variety of systems, such as aircraft mounted and aircrew ALSS (survival equipment), cabin environmental systems, equipment cooling, and liquid and gaseous oxygen systems.
- Performs inspections, maintain and repair survival equipment, flight gear and protective clothing, uses, adjusts, maintains and repairs sewing machines.
- Perform related duties in hazardous areas such as oxygen system, engine fire extinguishing systems including the removal and replacement of cartridge-actuated devices.
- Ensure all maintenance actions are performed in accordance with government safety standards.
- Possess thorough knowledge of flight line operations and procedures.
- Comply with all current sections of COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 series applicable to aircraft maintenance and ALSS.
- Maintain ALSS (survival equipment) rotatable pool of personal survival equipment, aircrew equipment files and aircraft ALSS history records in the required logs and records.
- May work with other groups of personnel to resolve problems pertaining to ALSS systems.
- Immediate direction of other technicians on assigned tasks with ability to monitor all duties of the applicable classification.
- Will instruct and assist lower level employees in proper work methods and performance of their job duties.
- Perform related duties as assigned including Collateral Duty Inspector, and any and all duties of lower rated technical personnel within their classification.
- Assist other shop/skills as required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of equipment related aviation life support.
- Knowledge of military publications, drawings, blueprints, microfilm, diagrams and schematics is mandatory.
- Knowledge of military and/or company forms required by work requirements.
Experience & Education
- High School or equivalent plus successful completion of related military or commercial course.
- Minimum of eight (8) years actual and recent experience in the repair, modification, maintenance and overhaul of equipment related to aviation life support.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Physical exertion requirement is heavy.
- Must be eligible for a secret security clearance.
- Must be able to travel on Detachment.