Primary Location: UNITED STATES-TEXAS-EL PASO
The Tool and Die Maker constructs and repairs jigs, fixtures, cutting tools, gauges, or metal dies or molds used in shaping or forming metal or nonmetallic material (e.g., plastic, plaster, rubber, glass).
- Planning and laying out work according to models, blueprints, drawings, or other written or oral specifications.
- Selecting appropriate materials, tools, and processes required to complete task.
- Makes necessary shop computations, and setting up and operating various machine tools and related equipment.
- Using various Tool and Die Maker's hand tools and precision measuring instrument, works to very close tolerances, heat-treating metal parts and finished tools and dies to achieve required qualities, and fitting and assembling parts to prescribed tolerances and allowances.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of the working properties of the common metals, selecting standard materials, parts, and equipment required for this work.
Experience & Education
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Six (6) or more years’ experience as a Tool and Die Maker.
- Experience with 2 and 3 axis Proto-Trac Milling Machine Programmer.
- Previous aviation experience on fabrication of aircraft critical structural components.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- May be required to carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Must be eligible for a security clearance if required.
- May work in an aircraft maintenance hangar or outside in varying weather conditions.
- Required to climb, stand, stoop, bend, stretch and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions.
- Frequently lifts parts and equipment up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to travel domestically if required.